Thursday, June 24, 2010

WTF?!

Well, I had a real good rant going for a bit there... then I decided to preview it. Yeah. Needless to say, I totally screwed it up. I decided to navigate away, thinking that it'd just take me back to the compose page. Nope. I lost the whole damn thing. That's what I get for being a total retard when it comes to computers.

Basically, what I was writing about was the fact that I've ran out of things to say on the air. It's tough sometimes. As a matter of fact, it was a little easier when I first started than it is now, believe it or not. It mainly has to do with the fact that when I first started, I had so much to say. It's not that I still don't, I just don't feel that the market that we cater to would get it.

I don't need to go all Howard Stern on the air, but I would like it if I could get just a little bit looser. Eventually, I'd like to branch out to a bigger market and have a real radio show. The one I currently helm is between the hours of 6pm to 10pm. It's not bad, but all I really do is introduce songs. Occasionally I'll have to talk about some sort of gathering, or an event that's going on in our small sea side village. Other than that, I got nothing. Every now and then, my kids will do something that I feel is news worthy (everything my kids do is news worthy to me of course. Weather I feel the populace is going to agree is a whole other thing), and I'll talk about that.

I could totally use a vacation to get the old juices flowing. If you want, you could just email me your info and send me just enough to take the fam to Disney Land. It's only about $2000 for a complete package. That includes four nights in a hotel with two rooms, and tickets for two adults, and three children. I'm pretty sure we'll need only two children tickets, but what the hell? Just in case someone can't watch the little one.

By the way, none of that price includes things like food, souvineers, and gas for the trip. I live about 780 miles from Anaheim, and I figure I could make the trip with about $150 for fuel, round trip. But we better double that, just in case. Wouldn't want to run out of gas in the middle of some stinking dessert... or Sacremento. So now it's a grand total of $2300. Uh oh... we forgot to feed every body! Just throw about another grand on top of that. If you're gonna eat out, you might as well do it right. I might be able to live off of nothing but chili dogs and chili fries from Wiener Schnitzel the entire time, but I don't know if the whole family would be up to it. Let's just round it up to about $3500. Yeah, that should do it.

Oh crap! I almost forgot! Souvineers! We'll need lots of those. How the hell are our friends gonna believe that we went in the first place? I've got a bad reputation with exaggerating things, so it's a good idea to bring some proof back with us. We'll just throw (hahaha! "We") another $500 in the hat to cover the same stupid shit you can get at your local Walmart for a 1/3 the price (remember, if you get your Mickey Mouse watch, Whinnie the Pooh sweatshirt, and Tinkerbell shorts at Disneyland, it's a cool list of souvineers. If you get it at Walmart... and actually wear it? Well, I don't want to start offending people and call them white trash just yet. Damn it! I just did, didn't I?).

That will bring the final score to a cool five grand. Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll send you a postcard!

No comments:

Post a Comment