Thursday, June 24, 2010

Old Movies

About a month or two ago, my wife and I made the decision to get a movie pass at the local rental place. It was a great idea... kinda. Let me explain: My wife and I watch quite a few movies already. Mainly because of the lack of cable... and internet. So, in the course of our relationship, we've become quite the pair of movie snobs. If I've never heard of the movie/actors/director, and the box art looks like some idiot sat down for a half hour with Adobe Photoshop, we don't watch it.

I love the fact that I can go in there and grab three movies right off the shelf, and it dosen't cost me a thing (it does, but it's only $35 once a month. It pays for itself within the first two days). The crappy part to this, is that new releases only come out on Tuesdays. So by wednesday, we've seen everything new worth watching, because there are usually only one or two movies worth actually renting. Like I want to see the new Edward Furlong and Cuba Gooding Jr. movie.

I've found myself more and more throughout the week grabbing quite a few classics, especially old Chevy Chase movies. I don't know why. He was great back in the day. Of the movies we've rented so far in the last week: Fletch, Fletch Lives, Spies Like Us, National Lampoon's Family Vacation, American Phsyco, Pineapple Express, Knocked Up, Anchor Man, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, Planes Trains and Automobiles... just to name a few. That's just the tip of the iceburg.

Remember, if you're in a video store slump, there's nothing quite like a good old classic comedy starring Chevy Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment